Pebble House web site does not automatically capture or store personal information, other than logging the user’s IP address and session info such as the duration of the visit and the type of browser used. This is recognised by the Web server and is only used for system administration and to provide statistics, which Pebble House uses to evaluate use of the site. We do not store personal data without consent.
You may be asked for personal information if you would require further information on our services or if you wish us to contact you. In each case we will only use the personal information you provide to deliver the information you have told us you require.
Links within this site to other websites are not covered by this policy but by their own policies where appropriate.
Our contact details
Name: Mr & Mrs Copper
Address: Pebble House, Polkirt Hill, Mevagissey, Cornwall PL26 6UX
Phone Number: 01726 844466
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contact details, name, address, email, mobile phone number of Lead Guest
- Name, address, email and mobile (age appropriate) for all Guests staying at Pebble House
- Credit Card details of Lead Booker making the booking
- CCTV images of the front terraces and gardens and the parking bay area on visual basis only, no audio is captured or enabled on our system
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To enable us to accept and process your Booking and subsequent stay at Pebble House
- To comply with English Law for Guest accommodation providers which also includes the Police
- To comply with English Law for the Licensing Act as Pebble House is a Fully Licenced property carrying a Full Premises Licence and therefore to comply with the four Licensing objectives – the prevention of crime and disorder; public safety; the prevention of public nuisance; the protection of children from harm
- Visual only, no audio, CCTV is in place as Pebble House is Fully Licensed meaning anyone can walk in off the street during our Licensing hours of 10am to 9pm and as there is nothing to stop this i.e. secure gate, for the safety of all, including children, it is in compliance with the Four Licensing Objectives
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Both Group Accommodation & Cornish Secrets, third party websites advertising Pebble House services for exclusive use Self-Catering, when you make an enquiry about Pebble House
We use the information that you have given us at the time of your contacting us in order to contact you giving you; a prospective Guest with availability information you are requesting; providing further detailed information about your Booking Confirmation; Booking Details; and any information to assist you up to and during your stay at Pebble House
You consent to us using your information when signing the Booking Request Form at time of Booking to therefore enable us to process and accept your Booking
We may share this information with Accommodation Authorities, Police, Licensing Authorities, Environmental Health and seven other authorities as prescribed by the Licensing Authorities as and when requested of us
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) We have a contractual obligation.
(b) We have a legal obligation.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored.
We keep securely contact details for 5 years as required by the Police and Accommodation Authorities
We keep CCTV footage(visual only) for 30 days as required by the Licensing Authorities and the Police
We will then dispose of your information by:-
- cross shredding any paper records
- securely deleting any information, stored only on our business computer, by deleting all files and records then deleting these from the recycle bin; any emails sent and received are also deleted from those folders and then deleted from the recycle bin
- CCTV footage is automatically overwritten after 30 days
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org 01726 844466 Pebble House, Polkirt Hill, Mevagissey, Cornwall PL26 6UX if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Pebble House, Polkirt Hill, Mevagissey, PL26 6UX for data protection queries.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk